ISWI Newsletter - Vol.2 No.71
Dear ISWI Participant:
29 August 2010
I am exceedingly, exceedingly thrilled to provide the following
information from the United Nations. With respect to our grand
endeavor ( Int'l Space Weather Initiative : 2010 through 2012 ),
the attached documents are significant stuff. In short, we
are "on the map" at the United Nations. Not only are we doing
importance science for mankind and posterity, we are also bringing
in developing nations into this fold. The ISWI community truly
epitomizes what the UN was created for.
The text below is from Dr Hans Haubold.
|Dear Colleagues, Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010
Annually, the United Nations is publishing three UN GA [General Assembly] documents that contain information on their deliberations, including
basic space science, IHY, and ISWI. Attached please find the three documents for 2010:
- The annual report of the United Nations Space Applications Programme.
- The report on the session of the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee of UNCOPUOS.
- The report of UNCOPUOS.
Use the "Find" utility in Acrobat Reader and look for "weather". You will find the place of ISWI in the deliberations of the United Nations.
Sincerely and respectfully yours,|
Editor of ISWI Newsletter
Hakozaki Campus, Kyushu University, Japan.
(1) "The annual report of the United Nations Space Applications Programme",
UN General Assembly 17 December 2009 253 KB pdf, 23 pages, (click )
(2) "The report on the session of the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee of UNCOPUOS",
UN General Assembly 11 March 2010 313 KB pdf, 39 pages, (click )
(3) "The report of UNCOPUOS" Fifty-third session
(9-18 June 2010), 8 July 2010
419 KB pdf, 52 pages, (click )
If you want to read the original newsletter, click here.