ISWI Newsletter - Vol.2 No.25
Dear ISWI Participant:
10 March 2010
As originally mentioned in ISWI Newsletter Vol 2, No. 22, the website for the Luxor Workshop is:http://iswi.cu.edu.eg
Attached (first pdf) is a portion of that website, which of course, is not completely finished, but is fully functional.
The deadline for abstracts is 01 Sept 2010. This is also the deadline for UN Grants for travel funds for the best applicants.
If you seek such funds, please go to this website, click on "UN Grants" (left side column of the main page), and download the Application Form. It is a Microsoft Word file.
To remind you that these international gatherings can be supremely wonderful (good company, good information, good food, good sensations, etc.), I attach (2nd pdf) all the photos that I took at the IHY Korea workshop last year. I should mention that at this workshop I met Mitko of Bulgaria; he is the webmaster of the ISWI website. For me, as editor of this newsletter, it was an important face-to-face encounter because it has led to smooth cooperation between the ISWI Newsletter and ISWI website.
From a very wintry (cold and windy) Fukuoka,|
Bbbbbrrrrrrr........... George Maeda
Editor of ISWI Newsletter
Hakozaki Campus, Kyushu University, Japan.
(1) "First announcement for ISWI Workshop in Luxor, Egypt"; 6 pages, 170 KB pdf (click )
(2) "Photos from IHY Korea workshop (all by the editor);"; 3 pages, 800 KB. With some notations by the editor. (click )
NOTE from WEBmaster:
- You can get some more details on the "First ISWI/UN/ESA/NASA/JAXA workshop" from this site (look in Calendar of Events -> ISWI Meetings ) or click here.
- You can download the UN-Grant Application Form from this website (click here), but please send it to the address specified in it.
- Please mail the UN-Grant Application Form to Ayoni.Oyeneyin[at]unvienna.org
- Please, if you find any error or omission on this site to contact me immediately. My e-mail is mitkodanov[at]abv.bg.
If you want to read the original newsletter, click here